Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Leave the oil in the Cool Daddy Deep Fryer?

I lost my manual to my Cool Daddy Deep Fryer. I just fried some food in it and now I want to know if I can just leave the oil in there and use it next time. Oil is expensive and I can't see myself throwing it away.Leave the oil in the Cool Daddy Deep Fryer?
Yes, you can leave the oil in the fryer. Keep it in a cool place and keep the lid on the fryer of course. If you're not going to use the oil for a long time (over a month) just get rid of it. Kept too long, any oil will go rancid. If you plan to use the oil again within the next week, it's fine to re-use it. Any more than that, just give the oil a quick smell. You'll know right away if you want to re-use it.





The instructions will tell you to clean the thing, but you can do this:


1. Let the oil cool.


2. Use a funnel to put it back into its container, using a fine strainer to catch any bits of food, so you keep the oil as clean as possible.


3. Clean the fryer.


4. Save, label, and re-use the oil.





Be sure to remove as many bits of food as you can when you're done frying so you don't have them in with the next batch.





Personally, I used to try to save the oil. But then I weighed the cost of a few cups of oil (not really that much in the scheme of things) against the hassle of cleaning, straining and rebottling, and decided to just go ahead and buy new oil when it was time to fry again. I don't fry often enough to warrant keeping the oil around, and I find that fresh oil just tastes better anyway. Go ahead and put it in the bottle if you want. If you want to throw it out (or give it to someone to recyle as biodiesel) later, you can do that.





Good luckLeave the oil in the Cool Daddy Deep Fryer?
I would suggest using a fine mesh strainer to remove all of the remnants from the first frying before re-bottling other than that the first answer is pretty accurate

No comments:

Post a Comment