Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Can I use sytntite oil instead of SAE 40 for my Kawasaki 4 stoke air cooled v-twin?

want longer life. Have 23 hp kawasaki engine air cooled.Can I use sytntite oil instead of SAE 40 for my Kawasaki 4 stoke air cooled v-twin?
sure, use the 20-50 synCan I use sytntite oil instead of SAE 40 for my Kawasaki 4 stoke air cooled v-twin?
SAE 40 means that the oil has a viscosity rating of 40 at a temperature of 212 F.





you can buy synthetic oil that is SAE 40.





in multigrade oils, which is most common, there are two numbers, there is a number, followed by a W, then there is a base.





the W stands for winter and gives a viscosity rating for cold weather.





so, a 10W-40 has a viscosity rating of 10 in cold weather, but normally 40.





10W

No comments:

Post a Comment