Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Do i have to let my car cool down before changing the oil?

I would recommend it so you don't burn your hand on the hot oil coming out of the car. It is better when it is warm because it is more viscous and will drain more thoroughly and quicker but I wouldn't just take it for a long drive and drain it right away.Do i have to let my car cool down before changing the oil?
if your doing it yourself I would suggest yes b/c it sounds like you haven't done this before or much.


you should let it cool only to protect yourself from getting burned.


but you do not have too. it can be changed when hot.





its the antifreeze that needs to cool before you open the cover.Do i have to let my car cool down before changing the oil?
U dont have to, but i would let it set a bit to let the oil get to the pan. maximize the old oil that would b drained
No, but hot oil burns like hell when it runs down your arm while trying to remove a hot oil filter.
No, but be carful if you are doing it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment