Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I'm waiting for engine to cool down to check my oil, what signs are there to suggest I'm low on oil?

I have a ticking noise and car started to shudder in low gears?I'm waiting for engine to cool down to check my oil, what signs are there to suggest I'm low on oil?
pull out your Dipstick and observe the marking theronI'm waiting for engine to cool down to check my oil, what signs are there to suggest I'm low on oil?
Check it while it's still warm, otherwise you'll get a bit of a false reading as the oil changes with temperature........ when cold it thickens, and the mark is lower down, when it warms up it liquifies a bit more, and shows there's more in (and in particular how much there really is in when the car is running).





Pull out dipstick, wipe with a piece of paper towel, stick it back in the hole (all the way in), and there should be some notches on the bottom of the dipstick marking what the level is.
The ticking noise could be the upper engine valve noise which would increase if you were low on oil. You can add a synthetic oil to conventional oil to increase protection of your engine if you forget and let your engine oil run low. It will keep the upper valve train lubricated better.





http://www.mobiloil.com





http://autorepair.about.com/od/regularma鈥?/a>
You don't have to wait long to check the engine oil. The ticking noise could be low on oil, but chances are the vales would need adjustment. Although, I would go with thicker oil before attempting to put money into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment