Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Trans oil cooler Line?

I have a 1994 mercury grand marquis and when I was removing the radiator the trans oil line was so rusted in place it literally cracked. I need to get a new one but I can seem to find where at. When I look on auto zones website all I find is the fitting and and transmission oil coolers but no line. Anyone know where I can get a line that matches my car? Or where would I get the tubing to make a new one, would it need to be metal or could it be another material and where would I get a fitting to hook it back to the radiator and transmission?Trans oil cooler Line?
The line itself is only available from a Ford dealer.Trans oil cooler Line?
get a section of new line, then ask for a compression type repair coupler.it should have a nut and farrel on bothe ends of a little tube and the nuts go on the pipe, then the farrels, plug the pipe in deep as it goes, then tighten the nut,and dont overtighten it. good as new.
go to auto parts store and they can fit you up with a flex line that can work with trans fluid//cant be any old stuff
A Ford dealer doesn't carry them anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment