Saturday, December 26, 2009

I want to build an oil cooled computer, what do I need to use oil wise I want it to be as cheep as possible?

I don't want to spend more then 100 total and have a good system, any experience and places to purchase would be appreciated. Thanks for any and all help.I want to build an oil cooled computer, what do I need to use oil wise I want it to be as cheep as possible?
6 gallons of mineral oil will be about $75. Here is a video of how to make one. You'll need to find the other parts you need to build it cheap.





http://www.geekologie.com/2008/01/minera鈥?/a>I want to build an oil cooled computer, what do I need to use oil wise I want it to be as cheep as possible?
Look, cool if you want to try it, but a serious word of caution.





You don't want to spend more than 100 ($ ?).


That says to me you are not very serious.


Perhaps you should consider air cooling?


Oil cooling is messy, very, very messy. You will NEVER get the oil out of the components, never ever.


As for oil; use anything. It does not matter; any oil can take the temperatures that electronics generate.



Oil cooling is expensive and impractical you should stick to water cooling. If you really want to do it you need a non conductive synthetic oil which will not damage any of the components. You can use cooking oil if you want a really cheap option but don't expect the oil or the PC to last for long.
I built my entire computer with the exception of my hard drive from tigerdirect. some have had issues, but i did not have one single malfunction with any of the products and i liked their prices the best! I don't know a thing about ';oil cooling';. I installed a heatsink.
WD-40 - little more'n Pennzoil, but better! Gitter done!





No just kidding.





What is it, you want to cool, with oil? Can't imagine!

No comments:

Post a Comment