Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Are my heads blown on 924S due to oil cooler seal breakage?

I recently realized my oil cooler seals on my 924 S had failed. I THINK I caught the issue before too much damage was done鈥?the gauges looked fine when it was finally parked (not overheating and oil pressure was good, which makes me think the heads are undamaged). My question is, based on anyone's experience, if my heads may be damaged. A mechanic said that there is a 50/50 chance, and I'm concerned that I will go through this oil cooler repair only to find out I have to replace my heads as well.


thanks.


Are my heads blown on 924S due to oil cooler seal breakage?
If you never ran out of oil or overheated it, it would be like fixing something that may not be broke. I would say you have a 90/10 chance that you are just fine, fix it and drive it for a couple of weeks then have the mechanic take a review of the engine, that will tell you... you aren't going to damage anything by that isn't already damaged...

No comments:

Post a Comment