Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Do I need an aux transmission oil cooler installed on my 2007 Chevrolet Suburban?

I have a 2007 Chevrolet Suburban and will be towing a travel trailer with a max weight of 4500 lbs on our family vacation next month. The suburban has no aux transmission cooler. Do I need an aux. transmission cooler installed before the trip. I have called numerous chevy service departments and the majority have said that I dont need one unless reaching high end of the tow rating.... 7k and up. only a couple have said that I should install one. Any feedback would be appreciated. ThanksDo I need an aux transmission oil cooler installed on my 2007 Chevrolet Suburban?
yes I would have one installed if your towing.Do I need an aux transmission oil cooler installed on my 2007 Chevrolet Suburban?
Any transmission add on would be a benefit I believe...the basic fact is that transmissions create heat just like an engine (from pressure rather than ignition) and heat is the enemy for moving parts, gaskets and seals...so it would be a good preventive measure to install one, even if only to prevent the transmission from operating in it's higher heat range.
It may not be required but would be wise. They aren't too terribly expensive or difficult to install and will help your transmission last longer.
Any transmission repair shop can add one.
Take it from someone who knows. Install the cooler or you won't get there!
your tranny will last a lot longer if you do
yea i would
After 2 trannys it's worth the 60.00 I paid to put one on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment