Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Is an Oil Cooler Gasket Set the gasket that I need to fix my oil filter housing leak?

I have an oil leak at my oil filter adapter housing. Neither Auto Zone, Advanced Auto, or NAPA have a gasket for it. I'm wondering that since my engine does not have an oil cooler if the oil cooler gasket can be/is used for the oil filter adapter housing or if it is a dealer's part only? If not any of the above, what can I use to fix the leak?





The truck is a 1995 Silverado Z71 with the 5.7L (350) T.B.I. engine.Is an Oil Cooler Gasket Set the gasket that I need to fix my oil filter housing leak?
I replaced a bunch of those. It is a gasket and an O-ring. The chevy dealers absolutely stock them. Wear your crappiest clothes when doing that job, by the way. Worst part of that job is scraping old gasket off.Is an Oil Cooler Gasket Set the gasket that I need to fix my oil filter housing leak?
try instant gasket.make sure you clean both sides of the housing of oil first
  • mineral foundation
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment