Wednesday, December 30, 2009

6.9 piston oil cooler nozzle?

I have a 1985 6.9 bored.20 over


the mechine shop pushed the nozzles to aside out of the way so they could bore the cylinders


I need to make a linement tool to center the nozzle back in the proper place to keep the oil spray onto the piston correctly


the shop person told me just to push them back to the center as best I could and that would work fine/


HELP! I got a lot of time and money in this motor and it will be used in a one ton F350 pulling hard


I don't want to burn a piston due to the fact of improper nozzle alinement


thanks for any info





LA6.9 piston oil cooler nozzle?
Man I would put new ones in it because I have seen those little tubes brake under the littlest pressure, for what ever it would cost(probably under $100)you say it is going to be pulling, OK what happens if one brakes after it gets installed in the engine and is out on the road somewhere. Just my opinion6.9 piston oil cooler nozzle?
See if you can borrow one thru autozone. Some have the specialty tools for this engine. You may wish to purchase one they are around 16 bucks

No comments:

Post a Comment