Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How to remove lower oil cooler line from radiator?

I have a 95 ford Taurus. I am trying to replace the radiator since the current one has a leak. I have gotten everything off and out of the way, and I even removed the upper oil cooler line, but now I am having one hell of a time trying to figure out how to remove the lower oil cooler line since it is on near the very bottom of the radiator and boxed in, in every which way except the top. I have tried to get a wrench extension but the line goes up over itself before going back down so it is nearly impossible to get a wrench to it.





Does anyone know how I can get remove the lower oil cooler line that way I may remove my radiator and pop a new one in?How to remove lower oil cooler line from radiator?
either brake the box loose from the old radiator or try spreading the box or get a line wrench on the nut to turn it if you can.How to remove lower oil cooler line from radiator?
I don't know about fords, is it bowed in on the bottom due to a bumper a stone sheild, you may just have to ';un-box'; it. Engineers aren't always smart, I know of one car that you have to take the wheel off, then take the spray sheilding off of the inner fender to replace the battery. Its not always easy.
go to your local auto store buy a book on your car its a good thing to have in case you run into other problems

No comments:

Post a Comment