Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Any advise when building an oil cooled computer?

I saw this on youtube and was instantly mesmerized. After moving I will have the room to build a large oil computer. Should I go ahead and go all out, or should I start small and work my way up to using higher end parts? I anyone has further information feel free to elaborate. Thanks for your time.Any advise when building an oil cooled computer?
It's neat, isn't it?





There's really only one concern with oil cooling: the smell. You can drip dry components once you pull them out, but can you tolerate your PC smelling like a deep fryer? Some people say it's pleasant.





Outside of that, there isn't really anything to say. Oil cooling is just one method of keeping your PC cool and has similar issues to water cooling - watching for leaks, checking levels, etc. etc. Other than that, it's really based on what you want to do with the PC.Any advise when building an oil cooled computer?
If your going to Oil cool it your going to want to used the best hardware available, because once you put it in oil you wont want to upgrade it cuz everything will be covered in Oil. Also i wouldn't recommend doing oil (very expensive and messy), stick with Air cooling, even the brand new Core I7 stays nice and cool with a good heat sink setup.
Go crazy.
  • mineral foundation
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment