Friday, January 8, 2010

Will filling my car's cooling system with used motor oil really remove the cooling system's accumulated rust?

An older friend of mine told me today that filling my cooling system with used motor oil after draining all the water will remove any accumulated rust in the system and allow my engine to run cooler. Any one know any thing about this or is my buddy just pulling my leg?Will filling my car's cooling system with used motor oil really remove the cooling system's accumulated rust?
DO NOT DO THIS, HE IS MESSIN WITH YOU.Will filling my car's cooling system with used motor oil really remove the cooling system's accumulated rust?
well being a auto tech for 17 years i would not do this as there is no way of getting all the oil out and besides oil doesnt miss with anti freeze
i think he is trying to rip your leg out of its socket..





oil is not designed to flow through the small passages that the less viscous water does.
Don't talk to your older buddy anymore!!!!!
He was joking I hope, If he was not I would not take any maintenance tips from him
That is just silly. Tell him to do it to his car, and you will watch.
he pulled you leg...

No comments:

Post a Comment